When you have installed live chat software on your website, it is wise of course to utilise it. Here are some of the tips that will help you connect, engage and convert more effectively.
1. Respond quickly. The biggest turn off will be to keep your customers waiting. Remember that once a customer inquires through live chat, you are really close to making a sale. Likewise, if you ignore the live chat, even if unintentionally, it is like you waste your opportunity.
2. Be ONLINE as much as possible. Try to imagine a store that is always closed, or a store without any available salesman, do you think you would still go back and buy? The answer is obvious. Thus it is important to be available at all times. Because a golden opportunity may knock anytime and it’s important you’re online to make the most of your live chat software.
3. Steer clear from canned responses. Make your messages more personalised. This will give a customer an idea that he is not talking to a robot but to a human being who really cares to provide him a great product and excellent service. Although canned messages will save you time and energy, a personalized message will take you a long way.
4. Be careful of your grammar and tone. Use proper English at all times. Be polite and be sincere. Check your spelling first before sending your message. Avoid modern abbreviations like LOL (laugh out loud), BRB (be right back), GTG (got to go) and a lot more. Make sure that you are very friendly but still professional.
5. If you don’t know the answer, get their contact details and information so you can revert back. Always demonstrate to the customer that you’re there to help them with their enquiries, and if you can’t answer their specific question you will put them in contact with someone who can.
6. If the chats are not related in any way to your business, be polite. Do not burn bridges. For that person can be your customer the next day.
7. Lastly, why worry when you can have professionals to do all these things for you (and more)? You can avail the very cost effective Live Chat Monitoring services and the very efficient live chat operators can do the job for you. It is like actually paying for an effective salesman who can respond to all your clients’ queries 24/7. How cool is that? Visit www.livechatmonitoring.com to know more about our services and how we can be of help to you and your company. We’ll even provide the live chat software as part of our service!