Live chat on a business website is a powerful tool that brings several key selling points and benefits, both for the businesses implementing it and their customers.
Here’s a breakdown of the main advantages:
1. Instant Communication: Live chat allows for real-time interaction between the business and the customer. This immediacy can significantly enhance the customer experience by providing instant answers to questions or concerns, which is a critical factor in customer satisfaction and retention.
2. Increased Engagement: By offering immediate attention, live chat keeps visitors on the site longer, which can lead to increased engagement. Engaged visitors are more likely to explore the website further, learn about the offerings, and move down the sales funnel.
3. Higher Conversion Rates: Reducing barriers to communication can lead to higher conversion rates. Live chat does exactly that by providing a low-friction way to ask questions and receive answers, making visitors more likely to submit an enquiry, make a purchase or sign up for a service.
4. Lead Capture: This is where live chat excels! When people browse a website they often have questions that might not be answered by the website content, or, sometimes people read something online but have a need to clarify their understanding. Live Chat provides live engagement for website visitors so they can ask questions and get reassurance that the business can meet their needs. Website visitors are more likely to provide contact details in a casual chat setting than through a form.
5. Competitive Advantage: Offering live chat can differentiate a business from competitors who may not provide the same level of instant customer service. When people are researching online they often open multiple browser windows/tabs to assess multiple options. Live Chat makes websites more sticky and gives website visitors the opportunity to ask questions and submit leads.
6. Cost-Effective: Compared to phone support, live chat can be more cost-effective as one agent can handle multiple chats simultaneously, whereas phone support is typically one-to-one.
7. Feedback and Insights: Live chat conversations can be a rich source of feedback and insights into customer needs and preferences, which can be used to improve products, services, and overall customer experience.
8. Always-On Lead Capture: Imagine your website as a 24/7 storefront. With our managed live chat, there’s always a live agent ready to engage visitors the moment they show interest, day or night. This ensures that no opportunity to connect with a potential customer and capture leads is ever missed, turning every visit into a possible revenue stream.
9. Reduced Bounce Rate: Live chat keeps website visitors engaged, and allows them to ask questions and clarify information while they browse your content. This helps increase time on site, and can reduce bounce rates from people who may leave to seek answers elsewhere if they don’t see an opportunity to ask an immediate question.
10. Convenience: Many customers prefer chat over phone calls because it’s less intrusive, can be done while multitasking, and doesn’t require navigating through a phone menu or waiting on hold. This is especially true after hours and on weekends as website visitors can use live chat to ask questions in realtime and explain their needs to a live chat agent who can assist them to submit their enquiry and then set expectations for when the business will respond.